Benefits of Membership
Conservation Alliance membership offers many benefits. Here are our Top Ten!
- We support the most effective conservation organizations in North America. Through a rigorous screening process, The Conservation Alliance supports the most effective conservation groups in North America.
- We have a track record of success. Since 1989, The Conservation Alliance has contributed close to $12 million to conservation organizations. Our funding has helped save more than 42 million acres of wildlands; protect 2,748 miles of rivers; stop or remove 25 dams; designate five marine perserves; and purchase nine climbing areas.
- Every member helps determine where we contribute our funding. Conservation Alliance members nominate organizations to submit requests, and vote on which groups we should fund. We plan to contribute $1,500,000 in 2013.
- 100 percent of your annual membership dues go directly to conservation groups. We contribute every dime of our members’ dues to grantees, and don’t take a percentage for our operational expenses.
- We provide opportunities for member companies to take action in support of our grant recipients. Conservation Alliance staff work with grantees to identify meaningful actions that our member companies and their staff can take to further help their conservation goals.
- Strength in numbers. By pooling resources with roughly 185 outdoor industry companies, our members support a wide range of conservation organizations at a higher level than they could do on their own. Membership in the Conservation Alliance gives companies an environmental giving program without any administrative or staff resources.
- Members may use The Conservation Alliance logo in marketing efforts. By using our logo, companies communicate to their customers a commitment to protecting important wildlands.
- Members receive regular updates on important conservation efforts. Conservation Alliance staff provide members with regular updates on the important work of our grant recipients.
- No other organization is solely dedicated to facilitating outdoor industry support for and involvement in conservation. The Conservation Alliance is laser-focused on conservation.
- It’s the right thing to do!