The Conservation Alliance seeks to protect threatened wild places throughout North America for their habitat and recreational values. As a group of outdoor industry companies, we recognize our responsibility to help protect the wild lands and waterways on which our customers recreate and wildlife thrives. We make grants to registered 501(c)(3) organizations whose work meets each of the following criteria:
1) The project should seek to secure permanent and quantifiable protection of a specific wild land or waterway. We prioritize landscape-scale projects that have a clear benefit for habitat.
2) The campaign should engage grassroots citizen action in support of the conservation effort. We do not fund general education, stewardship, or scientific research projects.
3) All projects must have a clear recreational benefit.
4) The project should have a good chance of final success within four years.
We also welcome proposals from organizations for campaigns that:
1) Seek to preserve and defend the integrity of our public lands system.
2) These defensive projects should focus on any attempt by Congress to undermine our public lands and the laws that support them.