On July 27th, 2017, during the final Outdoor Retailer in Salt Lake City, 3,000 outdoor industry business owners, outdoor enthusiasts, friends and colleagues marched to the Utah state capitol to show their support for our shared public lands.
Ten inspiring speakers greeted marches at the steps of the capitol with a rally, encouraging our community to keep celebrating and keep fighting for our country’s most precious resource: our shared public lands.
- Amy Roberts, Executive Director, OIA
- Shaun Chapoose, Ute Indian Tribe Business Committee member and founding member of the Bears Ears Inter-Tribal Coalition
- Adam Cramer, Executive Director, Outdoor Alliance
- Conrad Anker, Captain of The North Face Global Athlete Team
- Jerry Stritzke. CEO of REI
- Blake Spalding, Owner, Hells Backbone Grill
- Jackie Biskupski, Salt Lake City Mayor
- Amy Roberts with Mayor Biskupski and Tom Adams, Utah Director of Outdoor Recreation
- John Sterling, Executive Director, The Conservation Alliance
The same day, The Conservation Alliance supported five grantees to lead concurrent public lands marches and rallies in five other locations across the West. Those included:
- Oregon Natural Desert Association: Bend, OR
- Klamath-Siskiyou Wildlands Center: Medford, OR
- New Mexico Wilderness Alliance: Las Cruces, NM
- Winter Wildlands Alliance: Mammoth Lakes, CA
- Northeastern Minnesotans for Wilderness: Ely, MN
Thanks to everyone who participated – both in spirit and in person!
Cheers to WZRD Media for capturing the march.
Visit our facebook page for more march photos!
Comments are closed.